During summer school, there were several summer classes that were also going on at Finley's school. Finley's teacher's daughter was performing in a dance recital so Finley got to walk over to watch the "big girls" dance one day. Before the recital, there was music playing so Miss Martha told Finley's class it was okay to run around and dance. Well, according to Miss Martha, Finley was "getting down", even watching herself in the mirror. Miss Martha told me she had parents come up to her after the recital to tell her they enjoyed Finley's show more than the recital! So after hearing this, I start to look for a dance class for Finley. I found a little studio that had an opening in their 2 to 3 year old class, starting in September. Perfect! Brandon and I decided we would let her try it out, if she didn't like it, no big deal. Well, Finley LOVES it! She wants to go every day. She doesn't quite get the days of the week yet and doesn't understand she only goes to dance on one day. She has two recitals, one in December and another in May.
Here are some pictures of Finley getting her ballet shoes and tap shoes, so excited...







I couldn't resist the "Dance" backpack...
First day of Dance Class...


Line up against the purple wall...
No comments:
Post a Comment