Ellis is the sweetest little baby, she always has been. My only complaint since she was born has been that she was not a good sleeper. I think I literally held her for the first month of her life. She was always gassy and hardly ever pooped, maybe once a week. I called the doctor several times and every time they would tell me, it is perfectly normal for a breastfed baby to go up to 10 days without pooping. She never screamed or anything, but I could just tell she was not comfortable. A little after 4 months, we tried cereal to see if that would help her sleep at night, not so much. It just made her even more constipated. The doctor told me I could give her a little juice and water. It never really helped. After talking with a few people at school and my childcare director, they all suggested I take her to see a chiropractor. What?
Very skeptical, I listened, did a little research and called the doctor they recommended and find out if she could help. She educated me on a few things and I went ahead and made an appointment thinking that Brandon would never agree to this. I ran it by him and to my surprise, he said, "Let's go, I would try to Voodoo at this point". So off we go to see Dr. Hall.
Dr. Hall asked us tons of questions about my pregnancy, delivery and all kinds of things about Ellis. She examined her and felt all up and down her back, neck and belly. She said she felt some "restrictions" and she asked if it was okay to make a few adjustments and took my arm and showed me the pressure she was going to use. It was nothing so we said okay. She pushed on a few places and that was it. We talked to a while longer about nutrition and she gave me suggestions on what I should be eating to help Ellis and what we should be feeding her and what we should not be feeding her. She also suggested I start drinking this vege vitamin drink to help me. She said she could just look at me and see some deficiencies. I think I looked pretty exhausted!
Results:
1) Within a week, Ellis was sleeping through the night
2) Within two weeks, she was pooping multiple times a day
3) I have way more energy and I have actually started running again
We have been back several times to see Dr. Hall and Ellis and I are both feeling great! I have even been adjusted a few times!
cell phone with built in projector
3 years ago

2 comments:
That is so cool!!! I was always very skeptical of that kind of stuff as well but I went to a chiropractor when I was pregnant with C and it made a HUGE difference. I think there's something to all of this holistic stuff. Natural remedies. And the idea of "you are what you eat". I've heard of people who had MDs tell them that they needed surgery for something and a chiropractor was able to take care of it with a few adjustments.
That's awesome!! And I'm glad Brandon was so supportive. Yay for sleeping through the night and pooping! Bless her heart (and yours). I had no idea it had been such a rough few months! :(
Thanks Julie, It wasn't too bad, somehow your body adjusts to less sleep, but it was starting to catch up with me. I totally agree with the eating thing. Not that I was a horrible eater, but really watching what goes in my body has made a big difference. Unfortunately, she told me to cut back on starches, which is a bummer, but I am doing it. I am definitley a believer now! What she said made so much sense!
Post a Comment