Yesterday, I went to get the girls from school a little earlier than usual. I went to Ellis's class first and she was so excited to see me. She ran over to me saying "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy," it just warmed my heart! I picked her up and she said, "bye, bye" and waved to her teacher and looked at me as said, "Ninley", which means let's go get Finley. We walked over to Finley's classroom and Finley and two of her best buddies looked like they are having the best time. We hang out for a minute and then I tell Finley it's time to go home. Well, she was having so much fun that she didn't want to leave. I let her play a few more minutes then tell her again that we need to go. Then came the tears, which broke my heart. After dragging her kicking and screaming to the car, we finally start home.
Finley is still crying and telling me that she wants to play with her friends and didn't understand why they couldn't come home with her. She did not understand my explanation which included things like, "Your friends need to go home and spend time with their families, eat dinner and take a bath just like you, you will see them tomorrow." I keep telling her this over and over again. All the time, she is crying and being very dramatic. She said, "I don't want to play with Ellis, I want to play with a bigger girl, Ellis is too little." My response was, "Well, you can play with Mommy, I'm a bigger girl." Finley then says, "No, I want to play with a bigger girl that's nice." Ouch! That hurt a little bit!
We make it home after a pretty painful trip and she finally calms down and gets over it. The rest of the night was fine and she woke up in a good mood this morning. We were heading back to school this morning and Finley asked me, "Where are we going?" I said, "We're going to school, silly, you know that." She says, "I don't want to go to school." Really? I don't know what I am going to do with that girl!
cell phone with built in projector
3 years ago

1 comment:
I love that story :) We are soooo in for it when these girls are teenagers. Moody little things. ;)
Post a Comment