Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Home Sick

It's kind of ironic that we went to visit the doctor yesterday for Finley's 9 month well visit and then today, Finley and I both woke up with a nasty cold! She has been a trooper today, I can tell she doesn't feel well, but she has been super sweet. I hate that she is sick, but I love when she lets me rock her and cuddle, because lately, she thinks she is too big to do those things.

I have to say that I was so upset when I woke up this morning with this stuff, the first thing I thought of was how there was no way I could miss work because I have too many things to do and I had no time to be sick. It took me a little bit, but I think this was God's way of making me slow down and realize what's important. Even though I feel horrible, I have really enjoyed being home with Finley today. We got to hang out, listen to Christmas music, read books, play and rest and I realized somewhere between blowing my own nose and wiping Finley's snotty nose how precious this time today has been. She is growing up way too fast and it really hit me yesterday at the doctor's office when the nurse asked me if I wanted to go ahead and schedule her one year well visit, that's right one year!! I couldn't believe it!

Poor little thing...



Hanging in there...


Her toy of choice today was between the saline nose spray and...


the empty Kleenex box!!

1 comment:

Kelli Weakly said...

Oh, poor baby and mommy! At least one of us is sick here on any given day! Hope you two are feeling better real soon!